Creamy Pineapple Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup Daisy 4% cottage cheese
- Drain pineapple, reserving the juice in a small saucepan. Set pineapple aside. Add enough water to juice to make 1-1/3 cups; bring to a boil. Place gelatin in a bowl; add boiling liquid and stir to dissolve. Cool until slightly thickened. In a bowl, whip cream; gradually beat in sugar. Fold into the gelatin mixture. Stir in pineapple and cottage cheese; blend well. Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. serving bowl; chill at least 3 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 201 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 3, 2012
Very good for summer.
Jan 6, 2011
This has been a favorite of the whole family since it was first published. Every time we make for some gathering, the bowl ends up empty and someone requests the recipe. Well, some family members don't like to cook so they just request that we bring it again!!!
Jun 6, 2010
I call this "goes with everything salad," any time of the year.
Apr 1, 2010
I usually don't carer for gelatin salads, but this one is a winner! I make it every Easter as a compliment to smoked ham.