Raspberry Pineapple Gelatin Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cranberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen raspberries, thawed and drained
- 1 cup ginger ale
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Additional whipped topping
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add hot gelatin mixture and beat until smooth. Stir in the raspberries, ginger ale, pineapple, pecans and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until partially set.
- Fold in whipped topping and marshmallows. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Spread with additional whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 176 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 58mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Mar 5, 2012
I fixed this for a special dinner and everyone loved it. It took a bit longer than 30 minutes to partially set not having cooked much with gelatin I was concerned but it but it turned out wonderfully!
Feb 27, 2010
This salad has just the right amount of sweet and tanginess. It's pretty on the table too. It went over well at a recent family gathering and I've already been asked to make it for the next one.