Blueberry Gelatin Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cherry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (15 ounces) blueberries, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in blueberries. Pour into a 11x7-in. dish; chill until set.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add vanilla and sour cream; mix well. Spread over the gelatin layer; sprinkle with pecans. Chill several hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 239 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 8, 2020
this salad is delicious and decadent!! my husband says 12 out of 10 stars!! I used fresh/frozen blueberries. the other thing I want to try next time I make this is using more jello!
Apr 18, 2016
My sister gave me this recipe several years ago and I have been making it every since. It is easy to make and tastes great. I use blackberry jello instead of cherry and yes, I use blueberry pie filling.
Apr 13, 2016
Response to those asking if you could use blueberry pie filling: I make a similiar recipe which can be found by typing Creamy Blueberry Gelatin Salad into the Taste of Home search engine. It uses blueberry pie filling and grape jello. It always gets rave reviews when I bring to summer functions.
Apr 2, 2016
I make this with frozen blueberries and frozen rasberries and change the topping to crushed up gluten free cookies . Its a delicious gluten free nut free treat.
Apr 2, 2016
looks delish! can i use blueberry pie filling? I never saw blueberry in a can any other way
Dec 24, 2013
I love this recipe. I have been making it for years.
Jun 21, 2012
sound great, gut can use fresh blueberries or are the can blueberries pie filling
Jul 30, 2011
Served this today to 19 women. They loved and requested the recipe!
Jan 18, 2011
This has been a family favorite around the holidays since we don't eat cranberry! I use raspberry jello and a can of crushed pineapple with the blueberries! This is amazing and so quick!