Creamy Blueberry Gelatin Salad
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) grape gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry pie filling
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cool for 10 minutes. Stir in pie filling and pineapple until blended. Transfer to a 13x9-in. dish. Cover and refrigerate until partially set, about 1 hour.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Carefully spread over gelatin; sprinkle with walnuts. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 221 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 76mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 23, 2019
Loved this so much. I have also made it with Cherry Pie filling, Raspberry, and Black berry. They were all so very yummy. Thank You for sharing this with us all. ?
Apr 4, 2019
Oh my goodness, this dessert is so wonderfully delicious! I am making another for Easter dinner!
Nov 25, 2017
This is absolutely delicious! Definitely a keeper. I have made it with strawberry and it works well also.
Nov 25, 2017
Made this for a Thanksgiving dinner and it was delicious. I used the berry blue jello. I think this would be great with either strawberry or cherry pie filling and jello. I plan to try those in the future.
Jul 17, 2017
I actually changed it to strawberry gelatin and strawberry pie filling, and it was great, a huge hit with everyone.
Jun 14, 2017
I have been making this for years. The only change I make is that I use berry blue jello and just one large box. I have also used knox gelatin and grape juice for a nephew that could not have the artificial colors and flavors in jello.
May 12, 2016
I like the concept but it was just too sweet.
May 11, 2016
Makes more sense to me to use "blueberry flavor Jello gelatin" rather than grape. I also use the blueberry Jello to make icing for blueberry cakes.....much better than grape for these applications.
Nov 1, 2015
I have been bringing this salad to family get together's since the early 70's when this recipe first came out..it's a winner
Jul 22, 2015
Have made this jello for years using sugar-free raspberry jello. It is always a big hit!