Creamy Blueberry Gelatin Salad
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) grape gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry pie filling
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cool for 10 minutes. Stir in pie filling and pineapple until blended. Transfer to a 13x9-in. dish. Cover and refrigerate until partially set, about 1 hour.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Carefully spread over gelatin; sprinkle with walnuts. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 221 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 76mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 25, 2017
This is absolutely delicious! Definitely a keeper. I have made it with strawberry and it works well also.
Nov 25, 2017
Made this for a Thanksgiving dinner and it was delicious. I used the berry blue jello. I think this would be great with either strawberry or cherry pie filling and jello. I plan to try those in the future.
Jul 17, 2017
I actually changed it to strawberry gelatin and strawberry pie filling, and it was great, a huge hit with everyone.
Jun 14, 2017
I have been making this for years. The only change I make is that I use berry blue jello and just one large box. I have also used knox gelatin and grape juice for a nephew that could not have the artificial colors and flavors in jello.
May 12, 2016
I like the concept but it was just too sweet.
May 11, 2016
Makes more sense to me to use "blueberry flavor Jello gelatin" rather than grape. I also use the blueberry Jello to make icing for blueberry cakes.....much better than grape for these applications.
Nov 1, 2015
I have been bringing this salad to family get together's since the early 70's when this recipe first came out..it's a winner
Jul 22, 2015
Have made this jello for years using sugar-free raspberry jello. It is always a big hit!
Jul 13, 2015
It was okay. Too sweet. I probably won't make it again.
Apr 5, 2015
Loved the topping. The jello salad was way to sweet for me.