Sparkling Gelatin Salad
Fruit really shines though this refreshing gelatin salad.—Cassie Alexander, Muncie, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups white grape juice, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sweet white wine or additional white grape juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup green grapes, halved
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup juice; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in the wine, sugar and remaining juice. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. serving bowl. Refrigerate until set but not firm, about 1 hour. Fold in the oranges, grapes and raspberries. Refrigerate until firm.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 179 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 15mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Sparkling Sangria Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.