Lime Gelatin Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- Dissolve gelatin in water. In a bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Stir in gelatin mixture and beat until smooth. Stir in vanilla, oranges, pineapple, soda and pecans. Chill until the mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon. Fold in three-fourths of the whipped topping. Pour into a 13x9-in. dish. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until firm. Cut into squares; garnish with the remaining whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 147 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 56mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Mar 12, 2017
So good and very simple to make. Our grandchildren loved it and I made it the following day again. We added some mini marshmallows for fun and the children enjoyed it that way too. This is a wonderful make ahead salad or dessert and we will be having it often.
Mar 9, 2017
We had this for dinner tonight and loved it. Hubby had seconds. Surprisingly, we ate it as dessert, it was that good. Makes a delicious salad as well as dessert. Yes, we will have this again. I highly recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor
Mar 7, 2014
I've made this cool, creamy recipe many times over the years and everyone loves it! I leave out the pecans because not everyone in the family can eat them. I've made this recipe with cherry and strawberry gelatins, too. It is always a pleaser!
Jan 14, 2014
Love this recipe. Always take it for Christmas potlucks and the family loves it too.
Mar 23, 2011
I made it even more low cal by using sugar free jello, light cream cheese, and light cool whip. No one knew the difference. The guests raved about it!
Nov 5, 2010
It wound up runny and did not keep very well.
Jul 30, 2010
A family favorite ! A delicious refreshing combination of cool, creamy, tart and sweet. Pecans and mandarin oranges keep this dish from becoming too tart or too sweet. I make it exactly as is written and get rave reviews everytime I serve it. It's a keeper !
Oct 11, 2009
Make this gelatin as a special treat for my grandsons, ages 3 and 2. Serve it several times a year, especially the Christmas season. Highly recommend.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.