Peach Gelatin Salad
My mother always asked our family what we wanted to eat for holiday dinners. Without exception, our requests included this refreshing gelatin. Toasted walnuts give it a little crunch. —Dennis King, Navarre, Florida
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lemon gelatin
- 1 can (12 ounces) ginger ale, chilled
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Arrange half of the peach slices in a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, add boiling water to gelatin; stir 2 minutes to completely dissolve.
- Stir in ginger ale. Pour half of the mixture over peaches; sprinkle with walnuts. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set but not firm. Let remaining gelatin mixture stand at room temperature.
- Carefully arrange remaining peach slices over gelatin in mold. Spoon remaining gelatin mixture over top. Refrigerate until firm. Unmold onto a serving plate.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Originally published as Ginger Peachy Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014