Peach Gelatin Salad
My mother always asked our family what we wanted to eat for holiday dinners. Without exception, our requests included this refreshing gelatin. Toasted walnuts give it a little crunch. —Dennis King, Navarre, Florida
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lemon gelatin
- 1 can (12 ounces) ginger ale, chilled
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Arrange half of the peach slices in a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, add boiling water to gelatin; stir 2 minutes to completely dissolve.
- Stir in ginger ale. Pour half of the mixture over peaches; sprinkle with walnuts. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set but not firm. Let remaining gelatin mixture stand at room temperature.
- Carefully arrange remaining peach slices over gelatin in mold. Spoon remaining gelatin mixture over top. Refrigerate until firm. Unmold onto a serving plate.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Originally published as Ginger Peachy Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.