Pear-Lime Gelatin Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15 ounces) pear halves
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Drain pears, reserving juice; set pears aside. In a small saucepan, bring juice to a boil. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- In a food processor, combine pears and cream cheese; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in gelatin mixture until blended. Stir in the pineapple and 3/4 cup pecans. Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour into an ungreased 11x7-in. dish. Refrigerate until set. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 401 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 111mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Dec 11, 2017
This has a nice creamy texture and a mild lime-pear taste. I've made it many times since the recipe first appeared in Country Woman in 2005 and it is always a favorite!
Dec 24, 2015
Easy to make, easy to slip in substitutions and delicious! I used regular whipping cream with no sweeteners and it was plenty sweet. Very light and fun!
May 27, 2014
This was simply delicious, easy to make and turned out perfect. I already have the ingredients to make again. Also very simple ingredients, nothing exotic to have to find!! I love this site and to have my own recipe box.
Mar 17, 2013
This is the best lime gelatin dish I've ever tasted! It is amazing that just a few simple ingredients can make something so delicious. I used low fat cream cheese and it was still good ..... even my son who doesn't like fruit ate some, and my husband had seconds! Very light and fluffy. I used an 8 x 8 square glass pan and it came out perfect.
Dec 14, 2012
This is a winner!! I took this to a family Christmas party and it was a hit. It is by far the best jello salad I have ever had.
May 30, 2012
Loved this one! Took it to a Church Covered Dish Dinner and it was a tremendous hit. Not one bite left to bring home. Will definitley be making this one again. Only thing I did differently is that I did not toat the pecans; don't care for them. It was great without that step as well.
Mar 28, 2012
Haven't tried this one but I was wondering if you could substitute Ricotta cheese for the cream cheese.
Mar 24, 2011
I'm back to just say..I am making this salad again..and had a request over the phone for the recipe..its just too good!
Jan 17, 2011
Yesterday we had our monthly missionary dinner at our home..I periodically make a lime gelatin salad from a tried and ture recipe..but this time I didn't have the cottage cheese called for in that recipe. I searched your site for something that would be delicious and came across this recipe..read the reviews and decided to give it a go..OH MY GOODNESS!! This was far superior to any lime gelatin recipe. All the women asked for the recipe and the dish was gobbled up by all in attendence. This one is a WINNER!! I now have a new favorite. Thanks for sharing!!
Dec 27, 2010
Made this for Christmas Day and everyone loved it. Very tasty and easy to make. Also used all low fat versions of everything and turned out wonderful.