Cranberry-Eggnog Gelatin Salad
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 5 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups eggnog
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- In a large bowl, dissolve raspberry gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water, then cranberry sauce, orange and orange zest. Pour into a 10-in. fluted tube pan or 12-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray; refrigerate for 40 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, drain pineapple; pour juice into a saucepan. Sprinkle unflavored gelatin over juice and let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- In a large bowl, combine eggnog and lime juice. Gradually stir in gelatin mixture. Chill until soft-set. Fold in pineapple. Spoon over raspberry layer. Refrigerate overnight. Unmold onto a serving platter.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with commercially prepared eggnog.
Jan 13, 2015
Really like this refreshing jello salad. The eggnog is not overpowering, just adds creamy texture and lightly spiced. As a jello, easy and looks great for the holiday.
Jan 10, 2015
to much pineapple, couldn't really taste the eggnog
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.