Cranberry Waldorf Gelatin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold water, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) cranberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Sprinkle unflavored gelatin over 1/4 cup cold water; let stand for 5 minutes. In a bowl, dissolve softened gelatin and cranberry gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cranberry sauce until blended. Add the cinnamon, ginger, salt and remaining cold water. Cover and refrigerate until almost set. Fold in apples and walnuts. Pour into an ungreased 2-1/2-qt. serving bowl. Refrigerate until firm.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 156 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 22, 2018
I love this! I didn't have unflavored on hand so I just used a large strawberry Jello. I was also out of ginger but otherwise, followed the recipe. Goes great on a cold turkey sandwich!
Nov 20, 2017
Gave it 4 stars due to slight changes. Omitted the unflavored gelatin ( not necessary) .Couldn't find cranberry jello, I've used a large box of strawberry jello and 1 cup of boiling water then 1 1/2 cup cold water. Otherwise I followed the recipe. A holiday favorite. ( Also have used cherry or raspberry jello. Just as tasty.)
Nov 25, 2008
It is difficult to find cranberry jello, I used cranberry juice instead of water and unflavored gelatin, it needed a little sugar but was good