Simple Strawberry Rhubarb Gelatin
Rhubarb lends a hint of natural tartness to this sweet salad shared by Opal Schmidt of Battle Creek, Iowa. As a fruity side dish, its vibrant color is sure to add eye-opening appeal to almost any meal.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- In a saucepan, bring rhubarb, sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until the rhubarb is softened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Pour into a bowl. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until partially set. Fold in whipped topping. Chill until firm.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 262 calories, 5g fat (5g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Strawberry Rhubarb Gelatin in Quick Cooking March/April 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.