Cherry Chiffon Gelatin
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cherry gelatin, divided
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water, divided
- 2 cups cold water, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) pitted dark sweet cherries, drained
- 2 cups whipped topping
- In a large bowl, dissolve 1 package of gelatin in 3/4 cup boiling water. Add 1 cup cold water; stir. Refrigerate until partially set, about 1 hour. Stir in cherries. Pour into a 7-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- In a small bowl, dissolve remaining gelatin in remaining boiling water. Stir in remaining cold water. Refrigerate until partially set, about 1 hour. Fold in whipped topping. Carefully spread over top. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Unmold onto a serving platter.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 163 calories, 3g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Dec 17, 2019
This is delicious. I thought both layers needed more gelatin (firmness). I opened 1 envelope of unflavored gelatin and added 1/2 envelope of the unflavored gelatin to each batch (layer). It came out of the mold better and stayed firmer on the dessert table.