Cherry Chiffon Gelatin
I've made this recipe so often, I can hardly read the card any longer. It's a beautiful salad or dessert, but beware. Once you've made this, they'll ask for it again and again! —Michelle Smith, Sykesville, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cherry gelatin, divided
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water, divided
- 2 cups cold water, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) pitted dark sweet cherries, drained
- 2 cups whipped topping
- In a large bowl, dissolve 1 package of gelatin in 3/4 cup boiling water. Add 1 cup cold water; stir. Refrigerate until partially set, about 1 hour. Stir in cherries. Pour into a 7-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- In a small bowl, dissolve remaining gelatin in remaining boiling water. Stir in remaining cold water. Refrigerate until partially set, about 1 hour. Fold in whipped topping. Carefully spread over top. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Unmold onto a serving platter.