Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 jar (8 ounces) maraschino cherries with stems, well drained
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a small saucepan, bring the cream, butter and sugar to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate until melted. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until easy to handle.
- Pat cherries with paper towels until very dry. Shape a teaspoonful of chocolate mixture around each cherry, forming a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip cherries until coated; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper to set.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 57 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 11mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 20, 2017
love these... and for the adults who want a little extra kick I soak the cherries for 24 hours in brandy. soooo yummy!
Oct 23, 2014
Our first time to make these and everyone loves them!! Easy to make and delicious!
Dec 31, 2010
I used cherries without the stems and they worked well too. It made them look more like the other chocolate that I make at Christmas time. These were fantastic!
Dec 14, 2007
Oh where oh where will I ever find the time???Definitely will have to make these - maybe for Valentines Day!