Cranberry Eggnog Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cranberry or raspberry gelatin
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups eggnog
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- In a large bowl, add boiling water to cranberry gelatin; stir 2 minutes to completely dissolve. Refrigerate 40-50 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Place cranberry sauce in a small bowl; stir to break up. Fold into gelatin mixture. Pour into an 8-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray; refrigerate 15-20 minutes longer or until set but not firm.
- Meanwhile, drain crushed pineapple well, reserving juice in a small saucepan. Sprinkle unflavored gelatin over pineapple juice; let stand 1 minute. Heat and stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in eggnog and lime juice. Refrigerate 12-15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Fold pineapple into eggnog mixture. Carefully pour over gelatin in mold. Refrigerate until firm. Unmold onto a platter.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 180 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Dec 30, 2016
We had this for Christmas. The cranberry layer was really good. The eggnog layer didn't have a lot of flavor. We have other cranberry gelatin recipes we prefer to this one.
Nov 27, 2015
I made this for Thanksgiving and everyone liked it. I did cut back on the pineapple. Nice presentation on the table.