Creamy Orange Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6 ounces) orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Maraschino cherry, fresh mint stem and mandarin oranges, optional
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. In a bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually blend in the hot gelatin mixture, beating on low speed until smooth. Stir in milk; fold in whipped topping.
- Transfer to a 2-1/2-qt. serving bowl. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. If desired, garnish with a flower made of cherry, mint and oranges.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 272 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 110mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 17, 2019
This has been my go-to recipe for years. Light and refreshing.
Jul 30, 2017
While the flower turned out really cute, I was not impressed with the taste of this dessert. It was much too sweet.
Sep 22, 2014
This came out well, but I really did not enjoy the flavor. I expected something that tasted more fruity and refreshing, but this tasted so sickeningly sweet that I could not enjoy it very much. It was too creamy for my taste. I think it might taste better with mandarin oranges mixed in just to give it some real fruit flavor, but I do not think that I will be repeating this recipe.
Mar 28, 2014
This recipe was awesome, when I made it everyone loved it !!! I used whip cream instead of cool whip . It worked the same as cool whip
Jan 15, 2014
This is always a big hit in our family. Yummy!
May 17, 2011
we love take it camping, and bbqs. I also add the mandarin oranges.
Dec 23, 2009
I also added mandarin oranges, pineapple and a dash of vanilla to it. you can also make a layer or vanilla pudding and whipped topping and then layer the orange to make a dessert. its great no matter how you make it!!
Jul 7, 2009
I made this jello salad, only I put it in a 13-9-2 glass dish. Then when it was set up. I made more orange jello to put over the top of it, so the dish did not look so empty. I took it to my meeting and they loved it. you could even put more whipped topping over the orange jello! Claudine Dunlap, Beech Creek, Pa.