Orange Chicken Salad
The refreshing taste of orange makes this chicken salad quite different from all the others I've tried over the years. I enjoy garnishing this salad with orange slices...it's an attractive, colorful look for spring. -Stephanie Bishop, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, celery, green pepper and onion. Add mayonnaise, orange juice and zest and salt; mix well. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve on lettuce if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 686 calories, 54g fat (9g saturated fat), 145mg cholesterol, 595mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 41g protein.
Originally published as Orange Chicken Salad in Reminisce Extra April 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.