Orange Ginger Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Optional garnishes: thinly sliced green onion and sesame seeds
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add to bag, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil in batches over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan; cook and stir until thickened. Return chicken to the pan; heat through. Sprinkle with green onion and sesame seeds if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 326 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein.
Feb 5, 2017
Great recipe, although it is sweet. Easy to prepare. The green onions compliment the dish so well. We will make this at least once a month.
Mar 9, 2016
Really good and easy!
Jan 6, 2016
Delicious....easy to prepare and liked by the whole family. Not too sweet. Tasted as good as the local restaurants. We loved the sliced green onions and toasted seeds on top too. Will be making again.
Sep 30, 2015
My husband loved it, although I found it to be too sweet, and will cut back on the marmalade used when I make it again. Will definitely be using again!
May 15, 2015
My husband and I found it too sweet. With all the excellent reviews, I was very disappointed. Have enjoyed many of TOH recipes in the past. Will not make again.
Mar 30, 2015
Wonderful! Loved the simplicity (not much chopping) and the great flavor. Adding to the rotation.
Sep 20, 2012
We really like this. I double the sauce especially if I add veggies to it. Super easy. I think it could translate well with pineapple too.
Jun 12, 2012
I wish I could post a video of the theatrics my son put on to "proclaim his love" for this chicken. I guess I'll have to make it again! The sauce wouldn't thicken up for me, so I added a little cornstarch mixed with water and that did the trick.
Apr 18, 2012
This recipe is excellent. I doubled the sauce and added a clove of pressed garlic plus a little cornstarch to thicken.
Feb 4, 2012
My family and I loved this recipe! I used too used chicken breast instead of thighs. Much better than take out!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.