Asian Orange Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper. Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the onion, orange juice, soy sauce, oil, hoisin sauce, gingerroot, orange zest and garlic; pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve with rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts3-1/2 ounce-weight: 211 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 783mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 14, 2014
We just didn't care for the flavor of this dish.
Jan 28, 2012
I double the recipe, used orange-mango juice. Didn't have fresh ginger so used ground ginger. Was a hit with my diabetic Mom, asian food loving husband & myself. Always looking for new ways to fix chicken so will make this again!
Jan 27, 2012
I am going to make this for a potluck lunch because it sounds so good and so easy. Is it good warmed over if you wish to reheat it?
Sep 22, 2009
This is a very good dish. It was quick and easy, great for a week night dinner. I made it just as the recipe directs.