Apricot Orange Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup 100% orange marmalade spreadable fruit
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, cut into thirds
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- In a small saucepan, bring broth and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, stir-fry chicken in hot oil for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in the marmalade, apricots, five-spice powder and soy sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 391 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 9, 2017
Good but needs some veggies or something. I thought it would be too sweet but didn't turn out that way.
Sep 29, 2012
My husband liked it but we both thought it was too sweet. It was missing some thing we just could not put our finger on what it was. It was good my husband said he would have me make it again.