Mandarin Orange Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides.
- Combine the orange juice, marmalade, mustard and rosemary; pour over chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 5-8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and sauce is thickened. Stir in oranges and orange zest. Serve with rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without rice): 273 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 274mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit.
Apr 16, 2016
I loved this recipe. It was so easy to make and sooo good. The only thing I would change is not put as much pepper in it.
Jul 9, 2014
This was seriously yummy and super easy to make! I will DEFINITELY make it again! Super good!
Dec 14, 2010
VERY GOOD! Followed recipe to the "T" and it came out good. Served chicken over rice.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.