Ginger Orange Squash
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 butternut squash (2 pounds each), peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with foil and coat with cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl, toss the squash, orange juice concentrate, ginger and pepper. Arrange in a single layer in prepared pan.
- Bake at 375° for 50-55 minutes or until squash is tender, stirring twice. Stir in butter before serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 129 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 23mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Dec 29, 2013
I'm the butternut squash lover, but the orange juice concentrate was too tangy, so I rinsed some of it off; then it was fine. Try just orange juice.
Oct 15, 2009
This recipe was delicious. The color ads to thepresence of the dish. I loved the tangy ginger and orange flavor. I thought it was very easy to make. It's an attractive and tasty dish.I loved the outcome.