Pineapple Beef Stir-Fry for Two
Packed with veggies, tender beef and pineapple tidbits, this sweet-and-sour stir-fry is ideal for blustery weeknights or activity-packed weekends. Jackie Drake - Troutman, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Cook: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1/2 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup fresh snow peas
- 1/3 cup unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and reserved marinade until smooth; set aside.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in 1/2 teaspoon oil for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Stir-fry carrots and onion in remaining oil for 4 minutes. Add green pepper and snow peas; stir-fry 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add beef and pineapple; heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 381 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 4g fiber), 29g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.