Orange Beef and Asparagus Stir-fry
Take your go-to Asian restaurant off speed dial; this is hands down better than takeout! Leftover grilled steak, fresh veggies and a sweet orange glaze—see what we mean? —Cindy Johnson, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 pound leftover grilled steaks, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup honey-roasted peanuts
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch, orange juice, onions, soy sauce, honey, ginger and garlic until blended; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the asparagus, pepper and carrots in oil for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add beef; heat through. Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup (calculated without rice): 428 calories, 18g fat (4g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 597mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 5g fiber), 33g protein.
Originally published as Orange Beef and Asparagus Stir-Fry in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.