Orange Chicken Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Hot cooked rice
- Chopped walnuts and red pepper flakes, optional
- Heat oil in a skillet or wok over medium heat; add chicken, sprinkle with garlic salt. Cook chicken until no longer pink, stirring occasionally, 3-5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, soy sauce, cornstarch and ground ginger. Pour over chicken. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1 minute. Add orange segments; stir gently. Sprinkle with green onions. Serve with rice. If desired, garnish with chopped walnuts and red pepper flakes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 277 calories, 17g fat (2g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 653mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Apr 23, 2017
Quick, easy and flavorful! This light meal is one we will definitely add into rotation! I could do without the walnuts but otherwise it was very good!
Aug 13, 2012
okay, a little bland
Feb 23, 2012
This was really good and easy to make. Loved the fresh ingredients in it. The oranges just set it off nicely.
Jan 4, 2011
Sauce was very easy to make and the soy sauce and orange juice are a great combination. A side of vegetables is great for additional color and texture.