Asparagus Turkey Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 pound turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, lemon juice and soy sauce until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry turkey and garlic in 1 tablespoon oil until meat is no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry asparagus in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add pimientos. Stir broth mixture and add to the pan; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Return turkey to the pan; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 205 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Jun 10, 2017
I accidentally forgot to pick up chicken broth at the store, so I had to use chicken bouillon granules dissolved in water (made per box directions). Unfortunately, it was a sodium-free bouillon, and I think it wound up changing the taste. I made it pretty much exactly as written otherwise, using chicken instead of turkey, and omitting the pimientos. We really didn't like it much. I tried adding in a bit more salt, but it still tasted off. As it was, I would have given it a 3, but I'm bumping it to a 4, since it could very well have been my fault for not getting the right chicken broth. I may try this again. It was otherwise an easy and fairly quick recipe. I will update my review if/when I try again. Oh and I tripled the amount of sauce, it really needed it.
Jan 4, 2017
Good basic recipe. Had no asparagus, used some fresh broccoli and 12 oz bag of frozen stir fry veggies. I doubled the sauce and it could use even more. Otherwise, made pretty much as written. Don't forget the lemon juice as I did. It was a little bland. It needs it and maybe onion and garlic. We enjoyed it.
Feb 7, 2016
This was very good. I did double the sauce.
May 19, 2015
Very good but I would double the sauce next time.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.