Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen asparagus stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch and mustard. Stir in water and teriyaki sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, cook beef until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same pan, stir-fry the vegetable blend and onion in oil until crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add beef; heat through. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 399 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 516mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 4, 2015
The Mustard ruined this dish pretty much. Something told me to omit it. Should've went with my instincts.
Aug 18, 2011
I followed the recipe exactly but we did not like this very much. I won't be making again since I had to throw out the leftovers.
Jul 7, 2011
Very quick and flavorful,
Jun 1, 2011
Easy, inexpensive, & delicious!~ Theresa
May 9, 2010
Quick, easy, and delicious!
Oct 18, 2009
My boys love Chinese take-out, but have never been fans of any recipes I've tried at home. Made with a broccoli based veggie blend, this is one they'll all eat.
Oct 1, 2009
This sounds like a more inexpensive alternative with the way beef prices are.I sm going to definitely try this recipe