This is hands-down the easiest dip to make, and I never have leftovers. We have used venison in place of hamburger, as well as half hamburger and half spicy sausage. Everyone enjoys this wonderful dip! —Mary Kidder, Nappanee, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 12 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, 8-10 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain. Transfer to a greased 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in Velveeta, soups and seasonings. Cook, covered, on low until heated through, 1-1/2 - 2 hours, stirring halfway through cooking. Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 97 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Hamburger dip in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.