Slow-Cooked Crab Dip
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Assorted crackers
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients; stir in crab.
- Cover and cook on low for 1-2 hours. Stir in capers and pepper sauce; cook 30 minutes longer to allow flavors to blend. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 153 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 387mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein.
May 8, 2013
Used about 1.5 cups fresh crabmeat and served on toasted baguette slices. Omitted capers and hot sauce. Very good.
Oct 12, 2010
Thanks bfify80. I'm so glad you "messed up" by mixing up the recipe and putting it in the over for 30 minutes. I will make it that way. This sounds delicious! I can't wait to make it, and rate it "will make again" later :)
May 26, 2010
I messed up and did not read the directions all the way through before making it. I did not see that it needed to be in a crock pot for a few hours and so I still mixed it up and put it in the oven for 20-30 minutes and it tasted great!! Next time will make it the "right" way!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.