Slow-Cooker Artichoke-Spinach Dip
Little extras, like crumbled feta and red wine vinegar, take this creamy dip of artichoke hearts, spinach and Parmesan to the next level. Just throw the whole nine yards into a slow cooker and this dip is good to go on game day. —Alyssa Janis, Green Bay, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- Sweet red pepper slices and tortilla chip scoops
- Combine first 11 ingredients until well blended. Add cream cheese.
- Place artichoke mixture in a greased 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker; cook, covered, on low about 2 hours. Stir; cover and keep warm. Serve with red pepper slices and tortilla chip scoops.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 112 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 217mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Aug 21, 2016
I was intrigued with the additions of red wine vinegar and feta cheese to this classic dip but was disappointed. You really couldn't taste them. I was also disappointed in the dip's lack of creaminess.