Hot Crab Cream Cheese Dip
This dip is perfectly elegant for special occasions. Eight ounces imitation crab can be substituted for the canned crab.—Karen Buchholz, Sitka, Alaska
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Spread in a 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until mixture bubbles. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 149 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 309mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Hot Crab Dip in Complete Guide to Country Cooking Cookbook