Slow Cooker Pizza
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 1 package (16 ounces) wide egg noodles
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef or turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, halved
- 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and Italian seasoning. Drain noodles.
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray, spread a third of the meat sauce. Cover with a third each of the noodles and pepperoni. Sprinkle with a third of the cheese. Repeat layers twice. Press down to compact.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 780 calories, 41g fat (21g saturated fat), 192mg cholesterol, 1262mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 49g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 15, 2019
My husband’s words were “For as simple as it is, it is surprisingly good!” He went back for seconds and thirds according to my kids!! I wasn’t going to be home for dinner and everyone would be in and out that night. This will definitely be served again.
Mar 23, 2017
our mission feeds about 10 - 15 volunteers at the end of the work day. everyone ate the pizza and the only leftovers was a slow cooker liner.
Jan 18, 2016
This was my first time trying this recipe and I was looking for something to take to a potluck. It was a huge hit. The crockpot was licked clean. Excellent flavor - great hit with the kids and a great recipe for a hearty hot meal during the cold weather.
Nov 29, 2015
I've made this several times and it's always a hit. I'm making it tonight for dinner and trying whole grain pasta and ground turkey. I hope the kids don't notice. LOL
Sep 22, 2014
Love this recipe, easy and makes great leftovers.
Jul 2, 2014
I am the original contributor of this recipe, and I thought I should make a comment to clarify a few things. When I was first tried this recipe in the late '80s, a jar of spaghetti sauce was 30 or 32 oz (& I always got the 32 oz). Now the standard jar is 23-26 oz, so there is around 8 oz of liquid gone from the recipe. I now add either an 8 oz. can of tomato sauce and a little extra Italian seasoning, or 8 oz. of pizza sauce to compensate for the decrease. Also, 16 oz. of noodles (or pasta as I actually submitted for the recipe) is way too much. I generally cook 8 - 10 oz of broken lasagna noodles or bowtie pasta, and just use what makes for nice layers. And just like pizza, you can add more "toppings" or take away for your tastes.
May 5, 2014
I left out the mushrooms as we do not like them and increased the pepperoni to a 7 oz package and also increased the amounts of cheeses added. I'm not fond of the cheddar in this. Noodles did get a bit dry on top and there was not enough sauce. Because of the amount of noodles (12 oz egg noodles) I had to use, I used my 7-qt crock-pot and it BARELY fits everything.Next time I make this I am using only white cheeses. The cheddar made it taste sour! I will also be adding more sauce to it! I will use my edited version over the original. I also think I will reduce the amount of noodles by half!
Feb 20, 2013
Just plain pasta casserole. I like the convenience of making it ahead.
Jan 18, 2012
This was very easy and really good. I only used 2 cups of Mozzarella and 2 cups of Cheddar to cut down on calories and it saved me from having cheese leftover since I couldn't find any that came in 3 cup pkgs.
Sep 5, 2011
Looking for any kind of crock pot recipes that have been tried and are good! This is one I plan to make this week...will serve bread sticks and garden salad with it.