Slow-Cooker Pizza Dip
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot garlic bread
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer meat to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in all remaining ingredients except garlic bread.
- Cook, covered, on low until heated through, 2-3 hours. Serve with garlic bread.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled dip in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup dip: 68 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 31, 2019
Tried this for New Years Eve party. Easy to make. I did substitute "Garlic Granules" for the garlic only because that's what I had on hand. Very tasty - this does taste like pizza. No other substitutes made to recipe. Recipe made just enough for a smaller appetizer type slow cooker.
Jun 9, 2018
love making this in the slow cooker it can be made in the summer and not heat up the house - this is delicious