Slow-Cooker Cheddar Bacon Beer Dip
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 18 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup amber beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Soft pretzel bites
- In a greased 3-qt. slow cooker, combine cream cheese, sour cream, mustard and garlic powder until smooth. Stir in beer, cheese and all but 2 tablespoons bacon. Cook, covered, on low, stirring occasionally, until heated through, 3-4 hours.
- In last 30 minutes, stir in heavy cream. Top with onion and remaining bacon. Serve with soft pretzel bites.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 213 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 27, 2018
I didn't use a crock pot, just made it in the oven instead. Good flavor overall, but I would use a milder beer next time. Added more garlic powder and some paprika too.
Feb 5, 2017
This was delicious - the mustard gave it a bit of kick. I really appreciated how all the flavors came through.
Jan 12, 2017
Oh my goodness, this recipe was a hit. I baked freezer pretzels, cut into bite sized pieces, instead of the pretzel buns. Will definitely make again!
Dec 23, 2016
I made this for Thanksgiving and had to hand the recipe out to more than one person. I served it with pretzel cornbread. It was awesome.