Slow-Cooker Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 2 hours
Makes12 servings (1/4 cup each)
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Whole wheat baguette slices, chunks of rainbow carrots and celery
- Place the first eight ingredients in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; stir to combine. Cook, covered, on low 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until heated through.
- Stir to blend. Serve with whole wheat baguette slices and chunks of rainbow carrots and celery.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without items for dipping): 123 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 1, 2013
I made a double batch of this and it was super bland. I wound up adding a whole container (16oz!) of Parmesan cheese as well as some garlic salt.
Dec 9, 2012
I doubled this recipe & added a brick of cream cheese, a few diced jalapeños, & served it with toasted baguette & pita chips..Yummy
Nov 24, 2012
I made this for a group of friends and they said it was the best artichoke dip they've ever had! And then they asked for the recipe..... Delicious!!
Dec 27, 2011
Best I've ever had! I made it in the oven instead of using a crock pot and it turned out just as good. Baked covered at 350F for 30 minutes. I will definitely double the recipe the next time.
Dec 4, 2011
Very tasty dip. :) I added a couple drops of Tabasco for a little tang, but it was great even without it. :) Will be a great addition to my Packer Party spread! :)
Nov 29, 2011
haven't made it yet, but it looks like it could be customized to a non-dairy dish using soft regular tofu, with lemon juice, fresh minced garlic, and dijon mustard.
Jul 17, 2011
This was delicious!!! If you have more than a few guests coming, I suggest you double the recipe as this will disappear quickly!