Tasty Hamburger Casserole
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed vegetarian vegetable soup, undiluted
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer potatoes and onion. Crumble beef over onion. Spread soups over beef.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with chips. Bake 20 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 336 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 465mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Nov 16, 2017
This was okay. I didn't make a full recipe as that would have been too much for us. I didn't have the vegetarian vegetable soup, so I only used the cream of mushroom soup. I browned the beef before adding to the casserole, and I added garlic to the beef. This took well over 1-1/2 hours to bake. It was okay, but I don't think I will make it again.
Feb 11, 2014
Do you cooked the ground beef first
May 30, 2013
I enjoy making hearty casseroles such as this. We're empty nesters, so when making casseroles, there is always enough to make 2 meals out of one, which saves tight budget money. K.
Aug 21, 2012
I LIKE THE INGREDIENTS, HOWEVER I WILL PRE-COOK THE POTATOES AND THE HAMBURGER. I WILL ALSO ADD MIXED VEGGIES INSTEAD OF THE VEG SOUP.
Apr 17, 2009
Probably because most search engines search for words that are within results. "Vegetarian Vegetable soup" is one of the ingredients, hence why it shows up in results when you search for "vegetarian". It's not that big a deal.
Mar 8, 2009
WHY IS THIS RECIPE IN THE VEGETARIAN SECTION?IT ISN'T VEGETARIAN! I AM SO DISSAPPOINTED! FIX YOUR RECIPE SITE PLEASE!
Dec 12, 2008
When I did a search for vegetarian, this came up. Needless to say it definately isn't vegetarian.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.