Cheesy Hamburger Noodle Bake
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from heat; stir in tomato sauce, sugar, salt, garlic salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, green onion, green pepper and sour cream.
- Drain noodles; place half of noodles in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Spoon half of beef mixture over the top. Layer with cottage cheese mixture and remaining noodles. Top with remaining beef mixture; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 527 calories, 25g fat (13g saturated fat), 148mg cholesterol, 1129mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 37g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 18, 2019
Very good, the kids really liked it!
Jul 21, 2014
The cream cheese is too much, and marinara sauce would make it lots better than tomato sauce.
Nov 28, 2013
Great! I made this for my parents, and they loved it. My dad isn't a big meat eater and always says he won't eat what ever I make, but as usual, he ate a couple of helpings! My mother loved it as well. Great for a quick dinner on a weekend or holiday! I didn't have the garlic, so instead I used a teaspoon of minced garlic and didn't use the sugar. Tasty!
Aug 13, 2012
I used fresh garlic instead of garlic salt and added it in when browning the beef. I also added 1 TBSP italian seasoning to the meat mixture. Then, I topped the casserole with mozzarella while baking. When I make this again I will double the noodles and meat mixture. The cheese sauce was just enough as is. Very good recipe! Quick and easy to make!
Apr 6, 2012
started making this way back when you put in magazine.everyone loves it awsomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Mar 21, 2012
A little bland for my taste. My husband loved it. I would make again, but would consider using additional spices.
Mar 3, 2012
Hubby and I both thought it was delicious.I used ricotta instead of cottage cheese and sprinkled on some crushed red pepper seasoning. I also followed a reader's suggestion to just mix everything together instead of layering it and topped it with the parmesan cheese.
Mar 2, 2012
My husband loves this recipe. He said "it's awesome". Very creamy and full of flavor. I did add one clove of garlic and doubled the onion since I didn't have any green onions. My husband says put this one in the recipe box.
Feb 9, 2012
Hubby and I both liked this a lot, to my surprise. I wasn?t expecting much, but we enjoyed it and the creamy cheese filling was really yummy. Next time though, we both agreed I should make more sauce ? one more 8 ounce can of tomato sauce with the added spices, and also 1 more cup of noodles as there just wasn?t enough left for me after I served my hearty eater ?Hungry Jack!? Also, I didn't think it was hot enough after I took it out of the oven so I put it in the microwave, covered, until it was good and hot..so, next time, I thought, why not just skip the oven and heat it up in the microwave! It's not like it has to brown on top or anything. Whenever I try a new recipe, I ask my husband "Keep it or throw it away?" and his response to this one was a big thumbs up!
Dec 29, 2011
I added some peas (fresh or frozen) and will definitly make it again.