Creamy Tuna-Noodle Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) light tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions for al dente, adding peas during the last minute of cooking; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine soup, sour cream, cheese, milk and salt; stir in tuna, onion and pepper. Add noodles and peas; toss to combine.
- Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, toss bread crumbs with melted butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 340 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 699mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Aug 18, 2019
This is a great base recipe. All the classic components, and ready to customize. I started by making my own mushroom soup. Sautéd mushrooms with garlic in olive oil, added butter, then flour and finished with heavy cream. Took 15 minutes. My add ins were green onion and extra peas. I also doubled the bread crumb topping and added Parmesan cheese and coarse cracked black pepper. I kept the 5 cups of noodles but added extra heavy cream after the final mix to make it moister.
Jun 18, 2019
Very tasty. I doubled it cause my people love cheesy things. Oh and I used cheddar cheese instead of Parmesan cheese. It was great.
May 31, 2019
It was dry
May 8, 2019
Came out super! I used the suggestions from Patti. Real yummie!
May 3, 2019
This turned out great. I used reg sour cream and soup. I tossed in about a cup of frozen peppers and onions along with a 1/2 c of frozen peas. (All I had). I also added Tastefully Simple’s Season Salt and Season Pepper as seasonings. For topping I sprinkled additional Parmesan cheese (I used shredded Butoni’s) and skipped the bread crumbs entirely. Did put 3 small pats of butter on top too. Best tuna noodle I ever made! Plenty moist. Maybe it was the frozen veggies.
Nov 2, 2018
I fixed this last night and my husband raved about and went back for seconds. I love casseroles this time of year and it makes great lunch for the next day. I gave it a 4 star review only because it was a bit on the dry side. So I’ve added another can of soup and sour cream and it came out great. I’d make it again for family gatherings. I didn’t have any green peppers so I used sweet snacking peppers. I also didn’t have any can tuna so I used canned chicken.
Jul 25, 2018
This was delicious! It got a thumbs up from everyone at the table and has been added into the monthly rotation of meals. The only things I altered were that I used regular condensed soup and regular sour cream....nothing low/reduced fat. Dont underestimated the importance of the peppers (I used green bell)....the slight bitterness from the pepper plays an important role in the overall flavor! It really helps to balance the sour cream and the cheese.
May 20, 2018
Best tuna casserole recipe yet. I used fresh spinach instead of peas because it's what I had.
May 9, 2018
My husband's favorite but I use fresh tuna.....cooked before I put the casserole together. It is awesome!
Apr 12, 2018
Delicious!! I am not typically a tuna fish fan although I do enjoy a tuna salad sandwich once in while, but this recipe is really good!