Beefy Noodle Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + standing
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook macaroni according to package directions for al dente; drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles, 6-8 minutes; drain. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar and seasonings. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Stir sour cream, cream cheese and green onions into macaroni. Spoon over beef mixture, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, covered, until bubbly, 15-20 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 506 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 745mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 18, 2015
My family really enjoyed the macaroni and beef combination. The only thing that I changed was I omitted the canned diced tomatoes, only because I did not have any. The next time that I make this, I may add the cheese to the top a few minutes before it is done baking. I think that it melted too much during baking when I added it right away. I was expecting more cheese flavor.