Beef Noodle Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 7 cups uncooked wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in the tomato sauce, sour cream, cream cheese, sugar and garlic salt.
- Place half of the noodles in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with half of the beef mixture. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 559 calories, 29g fat (17g saturated fat), 160mg cholesterol, 584mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein.
Aug 26, 2014
I made this twice. The first time, it was pretty bland without a lot of flavor. I liked it OK, but my husband wasn't a fan. I only made it the second time because it was something quick and easy with ingredients I had on hand. I did have to add quite a bit of extra seasonings. I probably won't make it again.
Mar 3, 2013
it was to die for really really good
Oct 16, 2011
Too many noodles for a 13x9 inch pan. Sort of bland.
Apr 5, 2011
This recipe is great! My husband & I love it!
Mar 29, 2011
made some changes.cooked the meat then drained it. i had to add many seasonings to make it taste right. this is a basic bolognese sauce. on top of that i needed to add Prego sauce to the seasoning. I also added sherry. seasonings i added were oregano, thyme, pepper, garlic,parsley and bay.
Oct 27, 2010
Enjoyed this casserole very much. I too, after reading the other reviews, added additional liquid, but I used an individual serving can of V8. I will definitely be making this again.
May 26, 2010
This is a great recipe with lots of flavor!! I did add 1/2 cup extra water as suggested since I'd had bad luck with a similar recipe being dry. Fantastic!!
May 1, 2010
This has a ton of flavor for a basic recipe! We'll definitely be making this one again!~ Theresa
Oct 22, 2008
I tried this recipe, good flavor but thought it was a little dry.Next time I make it I will add more sauce.
Oct 17, 2008
Great recipe..I did not do it but I agree with cc23 add some water to make it a little soupier. Well make this again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.