Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 3 to 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 6 cups cooked wide egg noodles
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add horseradish and mustard; mix well. Stir in noodles, ham and cheese.
- Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly and heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 470 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 1121mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 2, 2010
I added broccoli and instead of making the cheese sauce, I cheated and used a combination of a can of cheddar cheese soup and a can of cream of mushroom soup and we liked it.
Sep 25, 2010
my whole family loved this! it tasted just yummy down home was just delicious!!!
Oct 16, 2009
WAY too much sodium!! Leave out the salt, use no salt butter if you must use butter and low fat low sodium cheese. One serving of this recipe is half of a day's allowance of sodium.