Ground Turkey Noodle Bake
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 3 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine the milk powder, water, cream cheese, parsley and garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat until cream cheese is melted.
- Drain noodles; add to cream cheese mixture. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with turkey mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 281 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 676mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 lean meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 12, 2016
Just made this again, and it gets better every time! I think some spice could really step it up so I add 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, s&p, and a tbsp or 2 of salsa to the turkey mixture. I also add some s&p to the cream sauce and use 1/2cup milk (instead of milk powder&water). Lastly, I throw about 1-2 cups of fresh or frozen broccoli in with the pasta part way through the cooking time. After draining that, I use the same pan to make the cream sauce to eliminate an extra pan.
Jun 19, 2015
Just made this for dinner tonight. I was looking for a different recipe for ground turkey besides the usual chili or meatloaf. It took a little longer to put together than I would have liked, and I didn't love the fact that I had to dirty three pans besides the one it's cooked in. But honestly, it was SOOO worth it! It was so creamy and delicious! My kids raved about it, and one of them called it "amazing". I made a larger recipe using a whole bag of egg noodles, 2 cans of tomato sauce, and 2.5 pounds of ground turkey, then increased the other ingredients accordingly. Baked it in a 13x9 glass dish for 20 minutes. Awesome!
May 23, 2015
I tried this recipe today and my husband & I loved it. I did use regular milk and 6 ozs of cream cheese. I didn't have Mozzarella cheese also, so I used Italian Five Cheese Mix. It turned out excellent.
Apr 21, 2015
Whole Family liked it.
Feb 4, 2015
I double this, use evaporated milk in place of the dry milk and water, and my family loves it.
Nov 29, 2012
Very tasty, My family enjoyed this recipe.
Aug 21, 2012
This was very good. I did add a bit more italian seasoning.
Feb 25, 2011
I didn't have any turkey defrosted, but used Jimmy Dean regular sausage instead. Didn't have powdered milk, so used 1/2 cup 2% milk instead and increased the cream cheese to 6 oz. and used two cloves of garlic too! My daughter who's been a bit pickey LOVED it!
May 19, 2010
I made the recipe exactly as written and thought it was a great meal! My husband really liked it too. I recommend it!
Jun 4, 2009
I tried this recipe, and everyone in my family liked it, exept my mom. For some reason she hates Italin Seasoning, or at least the type we have.