Southwestern Turkey Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 package (9-3/4 ounces) nacho-flavored tortilla chips, crushed
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a Dutch oven, saute onions and jalapenos in butter until tender. Stir in turkey, soup, sour cream and spinach. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half the turkey mixture, cheese and tortilla chips. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with green onions.
Test Kitchen Tips
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 464 calories, 28g fat (12g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 773mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein.
Nov 8, 2011
For some reason mine ended up pretty soupy... It tasted fine, just an off texture. I don't know why though! If anyone has any ideas or had a similar experience...let me know what makes it work better!
Oct 23, 2011
I used chicken instead of turkey, my kids loved it!!! I will make this again.
Mar 10, 2011
Made this today for the second time. I used broccoli instead of spinach. I freeze my own broccoli so had it on hand. I made this in two casserole today and gave one to a friend. She really liked it and wanted the recipe!!!! A keeper for my family.
Nov 6, 2010
great. i added a can of pinto beans (rinsed). a little too much onion but otherwise great.