Turkey Bean Bake
Baked beans, brown sugar and molasses give a slightly sweet flavor to this bean bake. People at potluck dinners often ask me for this recipe.—Lisa Sjursen Darling, Rochester, New York
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 422 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 898mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 11g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Bean Bake in Casserole Cookbook
May 17, 2015
My family loves this! I have a picky 15 and 3 year old. They wanted them in burritos but I was out. This will become my filler for frozen homemade burritos.
Aug 12, 2012
My whole family loves this dish! I have made it many times.