Cordon Bleu Casserole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-3/4 cups whole milk
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook ham for 4-5 minutes or until browned; drain and pat dry. In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, layer the turkey, cheese and ham; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, mustard and nutmeg until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over ham.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 601 calories, 37g fat (20g saturated fat), 178mg cholesterol, 1008mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 48g protein.
Mar 19, 2018
Great way to use up leftover chicken/and or ham.
Sep 27, 2017
Really great recipe.and make it often. I use chicken and ham and less breadcrumbs. My family loves this recipe. Thanks for sharing.
Aug 3, 2016
This is a winner! I love everything about this dish. It is quick to put together and has amazing flavor! Highly recommend it.
Feb 19, 2016
Easy to make.
Mar 29, 2015
Made this last night. Yummy! Made it with cooked chicken, but other than that exactly as instructed. May cut amount of onion, some bites a little overpowering. Definitely a keeper & comfort food on a rainy/snowy night.
Jan 1, 2015
The dish is a keeper. We substituted turkey in the recipe and enjoyed it. The breadcrumbs were yummy. My one qualm was the onion really overpowered it. We'll cut that in half next time and enjoy it more.
Oct 30, 2014
I also used chicken instead of turkey and thought the flavor was wonderful but thought it needed rice or pasta.
May 29, 2011
Yum! Will definitely make again. Tasted a lot like a pot pie... may try adding in veggies.
Mar 26, 2011
Made with leftover turkey - very good
Mar 21, 2010
LOVE this recipe. Like many others, I usually substitute chicken breasts for the turkey, but it's always tasty and well received!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.