Homemade Chicken Cordon Bleu
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 slices deli ham
- 2 slices Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; top each with ham and cheese. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks.
- Place butter in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, salt and paprika. Dip chicken in butter then roll in crumb mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 441 calories, 23g fat (13g saturated fat), 157mg cholesterol, 792mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 46g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 8, 2018
Jan 27, 2018
I make this a bit different. I do an egg wash to butterflied chicken breasts, then spread some Honey Mustard mixed with Mayo on top of the ham slice before I add the Swiss cheese. I then roll it up and pat on Panko breadcrumbs all over them, that I have added some garlic powder, onion powder and Parmesan cheese to. I drizzle melted butter on them before baking and I only bake for about 30 - 35 minutes. They are really awesome this way. Crispy, tender, moist, buttery, garlicky goodness. YUM!
Sep 10, 2013
everyone loved it
May 11, 2012
My family Loved this chicken.
Feb 20, 2012
I had the butcher flatten my chicken breasts for me (he offered and I was very grateful! HA!) However, it seems to me that the chicken breasts have to be very thin as they were difficult to roll. I also would cook them longer next time. I added more spices to my breading and it was enjoyable. The flavor was great, just messy and difficult execution of rolling it all to get it to stay rolled without it sliding out before I got the toothpicks stuck in.
Jan 1, 2011
This was a very simple to make. I made it for new years eve dinner. Everyone loved it. The only thing I did different was I did garlic and herb bread crumbs. Totally would make this again.
Nov 6, 2010
This is very easy. Have tried my different recipes over the years, but this is the one--very simple and straightforward and tasty. There is only 2 of us, but would be very easy to double (or more) the recipe. Found it when looking for uses to use up Gruyere. Yum.