Chicken Cordon Bleu Skillet
Here’s a good and hearty supper. If I have fresh mushrooms on hand, I slice them and toss them in the skillet. You could add cooked veggies like broccoli or cauliflower, too. —Sandy Harz, Spring Lake, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked medium egg noodles (about 5 cups)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup water
- Minced fresh parsley
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with pepper. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute chicken just until browned, 3-5 minutes. Stir in soup, cheese, ham and water; cook, covered, over medium heat until cheese is melted and chicken is no longer pink, 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in noodles. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 516 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 878mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein.
Originally published as Shortcut chicken Cordon Bleu in Simple & Delicious June/July 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.