Chicken Cordon Bleu Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked medium egg noodles (about 5 cups)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup water
- Minced fresh parsley
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with pepper. In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute chicken just until browned, 3-5 minutes. Stir in soup, cheese, ham and water; cook, covered, over medium heat until cheese is melted and chicken is no longer pink, 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in noodles. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 516 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 878mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein.
Nov 15, 2019
Quick and easy, and easy to cut down for two. I omitted the ham, but otherwise made no changes to the ingredients. I will make this again
Jun 20, 2019
I don't buy can soup anymore, so I used 1/2 cup soy milk and 1/2 cup water with 1 1/2 teaspoon Better than broth chicken base and added 1 tablespoon cornstarch/water slurry. I did the rest of the recipe as written. It was very delicious and easy. My husband said that he would eat it again.
Aug 7, 2017
This recipe was good, I added a bag of frozen broccoli and it was a whole meal!