Best Chicken Kiev
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing Bake: 35 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, chives and garlic. Shape into a 3-in. x 2-in. rectangle. Cover and freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Flatten each chicken breast to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut the butter mixture into six 1-in. pieces; place one piece in center of each chicken breast. Roll up chicken from a long side; tuck ends under. Secure with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cornflakes, parsley and paprika. Place buttermilk in another shallow bowl. Dip the chicken into buttermilk, then coat evenly with cornflake mixture.
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, seam side down. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until no longer pink. Discard toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 357 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 146mg cholesterol, 281mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 47g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 17, 2011
I really like this...
Dec 17, 2010
Loved it, you can double it easily and I plan on making it for my extended family over the Holidays..Judy, thanks for giving me the idea and a chance to cook at xmas. K
Nov 13, 2009
Wonderful, easy, and elegant. I served it with fresh steamed asparagus and a rice pilaf.
Oct 18, 2009
I made it today. It is definitely a keeper. My wife and I enjoyed it.
Oct 9, 2009
I would indeed make this recipe again. It's excellent and should be dealt with as such.
Oct 8, 2009
have made a similar recipe for over 30 yrs and it still gets raves. I use bread crumbs instead of the flakes & roll a chunk of monterey jack cheese with the butter in the center of each breast. An outstanding & easy recipe.
Oct 8, 2009
Explain how to get 6 3 X 1/2 in pieces out of this butter??? I can get 4.
Jul 6, 2009
I was hoping to cut my piece of chicken and have the butter run out like the chicken kiev you can buy frozen...didn't happen. A little disappointed there but it is a low fat recipe afterall. Otherwise my family really liked this dish. Will probably try some other kiev recipes though.