Light Chicken Cordon Bleu
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices deli ham (1 ounce each)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with pepper; place a ham slice and 3 tablespoons of cheese down the center of each piece. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks. Pour milk into a shallow bowl. In another bowl, combine the cornflakes, paprika, garlic powder and salt. Dip chicken in milk, then roll in crumbs.
- Place in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk the soup, sour cream and lemon juice until blended; heat through. Discard toothpicks from chicken; serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 306 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 990mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 41g protein.
May 19, 2016
Delicious. I don't like cordon bleu but I'm already thinking of people I could serve this to. Wonderful. This is better than some wedding chicken cordon bleu I've had.
May 13, 2015
Wonderful and a great way to lighten it up. Love the cornflake topping. I have to skip the sauce and make a homemade GF version for husband but otherwise it is excellent. Served with rice.
Mar 21, 2012
We would give this 10 stars if we could! Seriously, this was a restaurant quality meal. So incredibly good! I used Black Forest Ham to stuff the chicken, and it was fabulous! So easy to make, too. It seemed so rich and flavorful...you would never guess it was a lightened up version. The lemon juice in the soup/sour cream sauce gave it a flavor much like hollandaise sauce. Fabulous!!! My husband said it LOOKED so good, he didn't want to eat it. Then he was sad it was gone, and the kids were stalking each other's plates to see if anyone had left any! LOL. This recipe is definitely a keeper.
Sep 2, 2011
Easy to make and very, very good
Jun 23, 2010
Yum! This is great! If I hadn't made it myself, I wouldn't have been able to tell it from the full-fat version.
Sep 4, 2008
This is a fabulous dish!!!! Even the pickiest eater (child or adult) loves this dish when I serve it to them. However, I use normal fat ham, mozzarella cheese (not part-skim), regular sour chream, and regular cream of chicken soup. This is a delightful dish to "Wow" anyone. I serve this with cooked rotini or egg noodles, and we pour the sauce over the chicken and the noodles.