Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleu
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 4 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white grape juice
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Top each with a slice of ham and cheese; fold to fit. Roll up tightly and secure with toothpicks. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour and paprika. Coat chicken with flour mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Cook chicken for 5 minutes on each side or no longer pink. Add grape juice and bouillon. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. In a small bowl, combine cream and cornstarch until smooth. Gradually stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken.
Jan 14, 2019
I wonder if you could substitute a white wine for the white grape juice in the sauce?
Jun 2, 2014
This was pretty yummy chicken! It took a bit longer to prepare then I expected, but everyone raved about it. Just make sure to double check and ensure the chicken is cooked through.
Oct 20, 2010
I have made this recipe many times for my family and they all absolutely LOVE it!
May 12, 2009
YUCK! Did not like at all. Would have been better without the sauce.