Turkey Mostaccioli Bake
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked mostaccioli
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups Daisy fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook mostaccioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain if necessary.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese and marjoram; set aside. Drain mostaccioli.
- Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce into an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with half of the mostaccioli, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Top with cottage cheese mixture. Layer with remaining mostaccioli, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese (dish will be full).
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 278 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 607mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 medium-fat meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch.
Mar 28, 2015
This was good. Great to pull together quickly for a weeknight meal.
Jul 4, 2013
Mine turned out a little watery. I added 1 tsp Italian seasoning and some garlic powder. Good for a week night meal!
Mar 15, 2013
Made this two day ago. It is delicious! Even better the second day! A great smaller version of lasagna. It was easy and tasty a perfect combination.
Mar 13, 2013
Quick and easy to make especially mixing the meat sauce and pasta. I don't use the parmesan cheese. I add a little extra marjoram. I add garlic in the meat sauce.
Mar 7, 2013
As a lower in fat dish, this was very good. I tweaked it a bit. I added a clove of garlic with the onion, a tsp of dried basil, 1/4 tsp pepper flakes to the sauce. I used 2% cottage cheese, that's what I had on hand. As suggested I also added the pasta to the sauce to save a step.
Dec 7, 2012
Great recipe! This was like lasagna, but the noodles were easier to work with.
Dec 5, 2012
We agree with all the other 5-star reviews...this recipe is terrific. Combining pasta and sauce saved time assembling. Fresh summer basil (like in the picture) would have been a nice touch to top it off.
Aug 26, 2012
An awesome recipe! Made it for my Weight Watchers diet and it is delicious - only 9 points. Add green beans or a salad to round out the meal.
Jun 2, 2012
Every time I make this it gets better. I'm not sure how, but my husband always says, "make it again."
May 29, 2012
I have made this several times. Something I always do is double everything but the cottage cheese and mozzerella cheese. Always turns out wonderful and plenty cheesy for my family. I figure I might as well cook the whole pound of meat and the whole box of noodles, then we have leftovers!